On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank remembers Walter Martin, the founder of Christian Research Institute. Walter Martin went home to be with the Lord 28 years ago yesterday, June 26. While doing the Bible Answer Man Live Facebook event, with family in studio, Hank thought about Walter’s passing. Today, Hank invites Cindee Martin Morgan to join him in honoring her Dad.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Matthew 6:24 ends with “you cannot serve God and mammon.” Other translations say “money” instead. Which is correct?
- The Pope has said that during Lent, there are three important things we need to focus on: fasting, alms giving, and bible study. What are your thoughts on this?
- Is a full understanding of the baptism of the Holy Spirit required in order for it to be true and effective for me?
- Proverbs 22:6 says, “Raise up your children in the way they should go, and when they are old, they will not depart from it.” My 2nd oldest son who was raised in the Christian faith has come out as gay, and now says he is an atheist. How do I reconcile his life choices and this verse?
- Have you read the book, or seen the movie, The Shack? What are your thoughts?
- I can neither subscribe to Calvinism with the absolute sovereignty of God, or to Free Will, and consider the concept of middle knowledge interesting. What are your thoughts on middle knowledge?