To read the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL article,
“Philosophy, Politics, and the End of Liberal Arts Education,’ please click here.
Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (08/06/2018) includes the following topics:
- Hank highlights an article in the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL titled “Philosophy, Politics, and the End of Liberal Arts Education.” Marco Rubio used to joke that the job market for ancient Greek philosophers has been very tight for 2,000 years. According to Rubio, since welders make more money than philosophers, we need more welders. But what we really need are welders who have the capacity to untangle political rhetoric. We need people trained in the art and science of philosophy—people equipped with the kind of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding championed by Solomon. While vocations in science and technology are important, what is the value of cloning human beings, for example, if we lack the wisdom to navigate the moral quagmire of such radical biotechnology? The church and our nation would be well served if more Christians engaged the full spectrum of liberal arts and philosophical education.
Questions and Answers:
- What is the biblical teaching on binding and loosening?
- How can I witness to Muslim regarding the doctrine of the Trinity? Is Allah the same as God the Father?
- I struggle with faith in God. How can I increase my faith?
- What is the book of Sirach, and is it in the Bible?
- Does your God know all things? If He knows all things, why would He create an impoverished child that would have to steal?
- Since the hope of the Christian is resurrection, what are Muslims hoping for in the afterlife?
- Are there extra-biblical texts like the Book of Enoch that still have insightful information?
- Since Jesus is a new creation like the first Adam, shouldn’t he have His own lineage?