Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank addresses the common concern that comes up every year around this time regarding the validity of celebrating Christmas. It is true that when Christmas was originally instituted, December 25th was a pagan festival commemorating the birthday of a false god: Sol Invictus, the “Unconquered Sun.” The reason early Christians chose December 25th was not to Christianize a pagan holiday, but to set up a rival celebration pointing to the preeminence of the Lord Jesus Christ. While the world has all but forgotten the Greco-Roman gods of antiquity, they are annually reminded that two thousand years ago Christ invaded time and space.
Questions and Answers:
- Can you explain the mystery Paul talks about; is he talking about the rapture?
- How can I help Muslims understand that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Was the book of Proverbs plagiarized from the Egyptian Instruction of Amenemope?
- Matthew chapter 27 mentions saints being raised from the dead; what happened to them? Did they eventually die again?
- What is your opinion on the age of the earth?
- Can a Christian be demon possessed?
- Do you know anything about Pastor Greg Price? He believes Christians shouldn’t celebrate holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.