Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank welcomes Jeremy Cummings, teacher of Old Testament at Charlotte Christian School, to discuss his article in the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL titled, “Bears Gone Wild: Responding to Attacks on the Portrayal of God in the Old Testament.” Hank and Jeremy unpack the story of Elisha and the bears in 2 Kings chapter 2, and also talk about the importance of teaching students to understand Scripture so they will be prepared to defend their faith in a hostile world.
Questions and Answers:
- Do the Scriptures address hypnosis?
- I was talking with an atheist and I communicated some of the arguments from Frank Turek’s book, Stealing from God, but I wasn’t able to convince him. Can you give me some tips on how to prove the existence of God?
- I have heard people say that Job spoke negative confessions in Job 3:25, and that’s why all of the hardship befell him. Could you explain this verse?
- I have been dating a Jehovah’s Witness and they believe differently than I do. When someone dies, do they immediately go to heaven or are they at rest until the Lord returns? How do I refute their belief that only the Jews will go to heaven?
- I believe I received the Holy Spirit when I was baptized, but what is the difference between the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost?
- Does God still judge nations today?