Dear CRI Partner:
His words are priceless. And still scary:
“In China we can criticize Darwin, but not the government; in America, you can criticize the government, but not Darwin.”
They were spoken during a 1999 tour of the United States by the principal paleontologist at Cheng-jian in southern China. Because his criticism of Darwinian theory was based on recent dramatic fossil discoveries revealing dozens of creatures previously unknown in the Cambrian Explosion, Jun-Yuan Chen was puzzled that his critique was met with silence.
He was told that criticism of Darwinism is frowned upon in U.S. colleges and universities, and that our scientists are embarrassed by such talk. He then laughed and uttered that memorable line.
The problem is that Darwinism is no laughing matter. The iron-fisted grip it has on the minds of countless professors — and the way Darwinian domination is perpetuated annually through the not-so-subtle indoctrination of millions of unsuspecting students — is not just an intellectual problem. It’s a grave spiritual problem.
In fact, origins remains more than just a key scientific
and intellectual battleground. It is the single most important apologetic issue.
Just as certain states are key battlegrounds in elections,
the battle for understanding our origins makes the outcome
of even national elections seem trivial by comparison.
That’s why CRI continues to stand vocally and courageously against the distortions and outright deceptions of America’s “scientific religion.”
Consider just a few examples of the sheer fraud that has been perpetrated by Darwinism, taken from Thomas Woodward’s Doubt’s about Darwin: A History of Intelligent Design, recently republished by CRI:
- Macroevolution — continuous evolutionary development through the selection of random mutations — is not supported by findings in any area of biology. The theory is supported neither by empirical evidence nor by thought experiments, that is, by attempts at reconstructing plausible evolutionary pathways.
- According to Michael Denton (Evolution: A Theory in Crisis), Darwin’s general theory “is still, as it was in Darwin’s time, a highly speculative hypothesis entirely without direct factual support and very far from that self-evident axiom some of its more aggressive advocates would have us believe.”
- Berkeley law professor Philip Johnson (Darwin on Trial) relentlessly pursued a withering critique of Darwinism because of “its supreme sociocultural importance,” and, as Woodward writes, “its power as the supreme shaper of new ideas in the intellectual world.’” (That is, once people have implicitly bought into the reigning philosophy of naturalism that pervades the scientific community, any consideration of God becomes nonsense or insanity by definition.)
- Why to Johnson, the widespread presupposition of naturalism was an absolutely critical target, and why he argued, in Woodward’s words, that “the ultimate foundation of the Darwinian worldview was not empirical evidence but metaphysical naturalism.”
- Why the presumption of philosophical naturalism (there is only “stuff” and nothing beyond it) is so deeply ingrained in the minds of many scientists that any approach even hinting of supernaturalism is considered “irrationalism or mysticism”!
- Why, in the battle to even place Intelligent Design (ID) on the table for discussion, associations with biblical “creationism” had to be avoided at all costs.
Although I’ll encourage you to glance at the enclosed insert for information on two books from The Apologist’s Arsenal, here’s just one key comment. While as Americans we can’t truly appreciate our freedom without understanding the terrible price that was paid in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, or World War II, neither can we appreciate the philosophical, theological, and apologetic “breathing room” that has been won without knowing something about those who have fought and are continuing to fight for Design.
Their valiant and relentless efforts to release the stranglehold of naturalism and the “mind-deadening tyranny of Darwinian dogma” have created “space” for millions to now consider that an intelligence — what you and I know as Divine Intelligence — not only created life but also has a purpose for His creation!
If you’re interested in knowing the history of those who have won hard-fought battles on the Design front over the last several decades, you’ll definitely want to read this updated edition of Doubts about Darwin.
Also, I firmly believe that how you view your origins will ultimately determine how you live your life. If you believe you are a function of undirected, purposeless processes, you will live by a different standard than if you know you are created in the image of God.
That’s why I wrote The Creation Answer Book, a comprehensive and handy book that provides fast and convenient access to a wide range of questions regularly asked by believers and nonbelievers alike.
As is my practice, I’m highlighting these resources for a couple of reasons.
First, they’re just two examples of the vast range of resources that CRI is making available to equip Christians at home and around the world “to think and live Christianly.” Whether it’s the Bible Answer Man broadcast, the Christian Research Journal, or the wealth of information and tools available free on our website, these resources are making a difference “24/7” for fellow believers around the globe.
Second, because none of these resources would exist without ministry partners like you, I want you to catch a small glimpse of the growing number of tools within The Apologist’s Arsenal and encourage you to add these resources to your own library. As you might suspect, other ministry partners and friends acquire these resources in order to pass them along to others, be they pastors, friends, family members, or others wrestling with life’s most important questions.
Some friends will choose what I’ve called the “double pass” option. They’ll “pass” on receiving these materials to allow more of CRI’s resources to be passed along to others, including chronically under-resourced fellow believers in the Global South as well as those at home.
Let me encourage you to glance at this linked page. Once you’ve scanned this, please feel free to choose one or both of these key resources, or to opt for the “double pass.” Either way, your continuing support will help strengthen and expand CRI’s vital outreaches to equip fellow believers to be faithful witnesses for Jesus Christ.
Please know that every gift to CRI, regardless of size, makes a vital difference in someone’s life because of our work together!
…because Life and Truth matter,
Host, Bible Answer Man Broadcast
P.S. The task of prying loose the fingers of Darwinian dogma’s deadening grip on minds clearly isn’t over, but substantial strides are being made to undermine its tyranny that makes belief in God a near impossibility for millions.
The importance of your partnership in continuing to equip Christians to stand courageously and effectively against the assaults of scientism, atheism, and a host of other godless philosophies can’t be overstated!