On June 3, 2015 an electronic survey was sent to CRI friends and JOURNAL subscribers to develop a better understanding of CRI’s audience and determine levels of interest in various topics. An impressive number of friends responded – 1,012 – a response rate which confirms the comparatively high levels of engagement of these JOURNAL subscribers and ministry partners. While the following charts visually summarize key responses, several key highlights interested are included below.
- JOURNAL subscribers are a mature audience:
- The largest number of respondents was aged 55 to 64, with the second largest number being 45 to 54 years of age. Fifty-seven percent of respondents were 55 or older; 43% under 55.
- JOURNAL subscribers are highly educated:
- 92% percent of subscribers have at least some college
- 69% percent are college graduates
- 32% percent have graduate or postgraduate degrees
- 74% male
- 26% female
Top Five Topics of Interest (see graph for entire listing)
- Biblical interpretation
- Christianity and science