Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank underscores another article in the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL titled “Anti-Intellectualism in the Church.” In the article, Professor Michael Austin asserts that anti-intellectualism is rampant in the church today. We have celebrity pastors that are long on rhetoric, but short on substance. Technique often trumps theology. And those in the pews have become addicted to consumer Christianity and the pursuit of pleasure, but are starved for theological depth. Despite this trend, we must train ourselves to engage in deep thought. As the apostle Paul tells us in Romans chapter 12 not to be conformed to the pattern of this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.
Questions and Answers:
- How can I respond to atheists who say I’m only a Christian because I was born in a Christian culture? They also ask about those born into different religions who never hear about Jesus.
- Daystar TV often has fundraisers and claims to give the money to Israel; do you think this is legitimate?
- How do we know the Bible is exactly what God wanted us to have when men decided what books would be in the canon?
- I struggle with faith in God. How can I increase my faith?
- What is the book of Sirach, and is it in the Bible?
- Does your God know all things? If He knows all things, why would He create an impoverished child that would have to steal?
- Since the hope of the Christian is resurrection, what are Muslims hoping for in the afterlife?
- Are there extra-biblical texts like the Book of Enoch that still have insightful information?
- Since Jesus is a new creation like the first Adam, shouldn’t he have His own lineage?