Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on the coming of Christ in flesh. The reason we rejoice at Christmas is because the baby born to Mary and Joseph was no ordinary child. This baby was the ultimate fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy of Immanuel: “God with us.” Although John’s Gospel does not include a narrative of Jesus’ birth, the doctrine of the Incarnation is beautifully summed up in his introduction: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God… And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” The clear testimony of Scripture is that, in the Incarnation, Christ was one person with two natures; fully God and fully man. As Theanthropos, the God-Man, Jesus lived a perfectly sinless life and died a sinner’s death to atone, once for all, for the sins of humanity.
Questions and Answers:
- What happens to our soul when we die? What about the spirit?
- How do you reconcile Luke’s genealogy with your view on the age of the earth?
- Was the book of Proverbs plagiarized from the Egyptian Instruction of Amenemope?
- Matthew chapter 27 mentions saints being raised from the dead; what happened to them? Did they eventually die again?
- Can you explain what it means when Jesus says the days will be shortened in Matthew 24:22?
- When it comes to the age of the earth, I think we need to let the Bible speak for itself and not add or subtract to it.