Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank highlights the transcendent importance of typological prophecy as he explicates the “T” in the acronym STARS from his latest book, Prophetic STARS in the Constellation of Biblical Prophecy. While predictive prophecy is straightforward, typological prophecy is more complex. The familiar virgin birth prophecy of Isaiah chapter 7 was fulfilled in the birth of Maher-shalal-hash-baz in chapter 8, yet Matthew saw this temporary salvation of Judah as a type of the eternal salvation God’s people would experience through Jesus the Messiah. Thus, understanding prophetic typology enhances the meaning and majesty of Scripture.
Questions and Answers:
- I have some relatives who attend a Roman Catholic Church where they all use a common wine chalice for Communion. If they don’t actually sip the wine, but only pretend to; are they really partaking of Communion?
- Could you explain the difference between the Protestant view of the Lord’s Supper and the Roman Catholic view? Where did the Catholic Church get the idea that the priest has the power to create a miracle every time they celebrate the Eucharist at Mass?
- My church has recently made me feel uncomfortable and I believe God has drawn me to Matthew 11:17. What does this verse mean?
- I know the Old Testament prohibits certain foods; is it okay to eat pork and seafood?
- Could you explain when Paul talks about the different types of bodies and their glory?
- If an unbeliever asked me who Jesus was, would it be right to say He was God in the flesh?