Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank discusses the resources available through CRI this month: C. S. Lewis Onstage: The Most Reluctant Convert, a 77 minute DVD featuring award-winning actor Max McLean as C. S. Lewis; The Weight of Glory: Understanding How God Changes Lives by C. S. Lewis; and C. S. Lewis’s Dangerous Idea: In Defense of the Argument from Reason by Victor Reppert. Additionally, Hank mentions that there is a difference of one week in the celebration of Holy Week between the Eastern Church and the Western Churches due to the different calendars used.
Questions and Answers:
- Can you tell me how the Church office of “Priest” is scripturally taught by the Orthodox Church? I do not find the office of Priest in the New Testament.
- Hank revisits the question, “Were women ever crucified?” He also visited this question on the Thursday, March 29, 2018 broadcast.
- What can you tell me about the book and movie, The Shack?
- Who were the Gnostics, and what was their belief about Jesus? I was born a Catholic, became a born-again Christian later in life, and now I have been studying Gnosticism for two years. Frankly, I don’t know what I am anymore.
- Can the “Gap Theory” be used to address differences between the Biblical view of creation, and the scientific views of origins?
- My wife deliberately committed a sin many years ago and is feeling very guilty about it. How can I correctly help her understand the reality and assurance of the great mercy and forgiveness found in Christ?