Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank addresses the growing number of Christians who deny a historical Adam and Eve. Yet despite the supposed consensus, the apostle Paul on Mars Hill clearly affirms that God made all of mankind from one man, Adam. And Jesus, in his teaching on marriage in Matthew 19:4 refers to the creation account in Genesis chapter 2. Further, the book of Chronicles provides a historical record from Adam to the Exile. We can be sure Genesis is a historical narrative, not an allegory. The importance of a real Adam and Eve is an issue we cannot deviate on.
Questions and Answers:
- I am the father of a son and a daughter and my wife is pregnant with a baby girl. I know God has blessed us, but I’m disappointed because I really wanted another boy; how can I have the right attitude about this?
- A church in our area gave their theological position on homosexuality and said that those who struggle with same-sex attraction are not in sin, but engaging in homosexual behavior is sin. Is this true?
- In Matthew 24 and Mark 13, is Jesus talking about His second coming?
- What are your thoughts on Ravi Zacharias? Do you believe the events of the book of Revelation have passed?
- In Matthew 8, Mark 5, and Luke 8, there seems to be a discrepancy with how many men were possessed by demons; how do you reconcile this?
- If a person commits suicide, what happens to them?
- Do angels have free will?
- Can you explain Heidelberg Catechism question 85 with regard to church discipline and the power to open or close the door to heaven?
- My wife has become a Jehovah’s Witness and I’ve done everything I know to do; is this ground for a divorce?
- Can you address baptism for the dead? I heard someone say this is taught in Scripture.