Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank comments on Wheaton College professor Larycia Hawkins, who was suspended for saying Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Hawkins also said that she stands in religious solidarity with Muslims and supports Sharia; claiming that anyone who disagrees with her is Islamophobic. Yet to claim that Muslims and Christians worship the same God is as inflammatory to Muslims as it is to Christians because Christians believe in the Trinity; Muslims do not. According to Islam, to believe that Jesus Christ is God is the unforgivable sin of shirk. The Qur’an also denies His death and resurrection. But without the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus, there would be no Christian faith. Therefore, we must be informed and equipped to communicate the truth.
Questions and Answers:
- I am concerned about your recent comments on Syrian refugees.
- Many Christian leaders are saying that we need to focus on what Muslims and Christians have in common, not what separates us. What do you think about Rick Warren’s view on this?
- Doesn’t the Old Testament prescribe violence like Islam? What is the difference between passages that command the destruction of entire nations and what Islam teaches?
- I heard someone say that the English Bible is incomplete; what are your thoughts on this?