October 12, 2009
Hank shares thoughts on Columbus Day, and the misnomer of Christopher Columbus having raw courage in the face of mutinous sailors who were in mortal terror sailing over the edge of a flat Earth. Hank indicates that for the first 15 centuries of the Christian era that the unanimous scholarly opinion was that the Earth was spherical. But the notion of a flat Earth was concocted to discredit Christianity (0:40). Hank also addresses concerns over Bishop John Shelby Spong, a fundamentalist on the left, who denies the supernatural (4:58).
Questions and Comments:
- Why pray for divine healing if God is sovereign and controls all things? (21:24)
- Interview with Alex McFarlan (26:53)
- What about the teachings of Joel Osteen? (39:55)
- Parable of the tenants in Matthew 21 supports the idea that there will be no more prophets in the future? (47: 03)
- The two witnesses in Revelation cannot be in the future? (49:11)