Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on pastors who are jumping on the bandwagon of same-sex sexuality. One such pastor is Ryan Meeks of Eastlake Community Church in Seattle, WA, who says his church is an affirming, inclusive church and that he wouldn’t go to a church where his gay friends were prohibited from taking Communion. Jesus, however, was hardly an inclusive Messiah. Jesus said the road is narrow and there are few who find it. He also said that the sexually immoral would not enter the kingdom of heaven. So while we should certainly reach out to those living in sin whether heterosexual or homosexual sin, we don’t have the warrant to rewrite Scripture.
Questions and Answers:
- Did Jesus descend into hell? How can I refute those who claim He did?
- Isn’t being judgmental a sin just like homosexuality is a sin? Why are Christians so focused on same-sex sexuality and not other sins?
- Do you see any value in using the word marriage in the traditional sense and just call gay marriage what it is?
- Would it be compromising my beliefs to attend my son’s gay wedding?
- What does it mean to live in the power of the Holy Spirit, and how do we do this?