On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, we continue with Hank’s message from Colonial Presbyterian Church in Kansas City, Missouri on the art and science of biblical interpretation. After the message, Hank also took questions from attendees on various topics:
- How would you interpret the last week in Daniel’s prophecy concerning the seventy weeks?
- When is it acceptable to defend ourselves like our brothers in Syria, or during the American Revolution?
- Do you agree that Israel is God’s timepiece for His cosmic clock? Does Ezekiel 38 point to the nations surrounding modern Israel? Since Israel is the apple of God’s eye, how can you say we cannot know where we are in terms of eschatology by looking at what’s happening with Israel?
- Can I take a selfie with you?
- What is your best explanation for the problem of evil? Since God is all-knowing and all-powerful, why would He create a fallen world?
- I have heard you say that unbelievers have no excuse because of general revelation according to Romans 1. We all must respond to the light we are given, but I was confused when I started thinking about the doctrine of election and Jesus’ words saying that no one can come to Him unless the Father draws them. If we are spiritually dead, how can we respond unless God does something?