On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (11/15/19), Hank addresses the issue of “apparent” contradictions in Scripture. One of the concerns dealt with in the Complete Bible Answer Book Collector’s Edition Revised and Updated is whether or not Jesus suffered agony on the cross. According to Ehrman, unless Mark and Luke say exactly the same thing in their accounts, they are contradicting one another. Despite Ehrman’s erroneous claims, Jesus knew precisely what would happen to Him and clearly suffered in His passion on the cross.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Is there a reason why Jesus used a variety of methods to heal people?
- Must we confess our sins according to 1 John 1:9? I hear people say this is not necessary for believers.
- I have done a lot of work in apologetics, but how can I keep from treating the Bible like a textbook, and avoid reducing the gospel to simply an argument?
- In light of Matthew 5:20 and Jesus’ warning to the Pharisees, what are New Testament believers required to do?
- Is becoming like a child a requirement for salvation according to Matthew 18:1-4?
- Can I apply the story of Paul’s journey in Acts chapter 27, to my own life?