Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on Joel Osteen’s unbiblical view of Christ’s atonement. As Christians we believe that the redemptive work of Christ was completed upon the cross, yet Osteen erroneously contends that Jesus finished the work of redemption in hell.
Questions and Answers:
- Do you think the success of Joel Osteen is due in part to the idea that we should use discernment and not judge?
- I do not agree with the message of prosperity preachers, but how do you reconcile the Scripture’s teaching that life and death are in the power of the tongue with their message? How do we as Christians spread the true gospel and counter false teaching without coming across as if we are attacking the teachers?
- Can you comment on Chuck Missler and Charles Stanley’s teaching about carnal Christians remaining during the Millennium? How would you define Lordship Salvation and how it relates to the gospel of grace?
- What do Oneness Pentecostals believe about the Trinity? Do they just have a different view or are they a cult?
- In light of Colossians 2:16, how should we discuss the Sabbath with Seventh Day Adventists?
- What is your view of Arnold Murray and his serpent seed doctrine? Was the fruit spoken of in Genesis an actual piece of fruit?
- What resource would you recommend to lead people to Christ and give them assurance of salvation?
- Is there a resource that explains the differences between Bible translations?