Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on the Lenten season, which is marked by Christians through prayer and fasting. These disciplines train us for our eternal inheritance. As Paul says, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” Like a coach, Paul urges his young protégé, Timothy, to train himself in godliness. Paul himself practiced disciplines like fasting because he was emulating Christ so that he might not use his own energy, but be empowered by God’s energy.
Questions and Answers:
- How can I respond to people who claim to be Christians but are pluralistic and think I’m imposing my beliefs on them?
- Is there any evidence that the Tree of Life was a literal tree?
- If someone who once professed faith in Christ has backslidden, have they lost their salvation?
- My mom professes to be a Christian, but isn’t involved in the lives of her grandchildren and doesn’t go to church. How can I deal with her?
- If the Holy Spirit was already present in the Old Testament, why did Jesus say He would send the Holy Spirit in the New Testament?
- What is happening to those in Hades?
- Will people in hell literally burn?
- What should our expectations be regarding the kingdom of God on earth? What is our role on matters of social justice?
- How should we understand Leviticus chapter 25 on slavery?