Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on a book titled The Great Evangelical Recession: 6 Factors That Will Crash the American Church . . . and How to Prepare. In this timely book, John S. Dickerson gives six marks that point to a decline in the church today: a dramatic shrinkage of American evangelicals, a growing hatred of anything Christian, the specter of division, the drying up of donor dollars, the bleeding out of the body of Christ, and the lack of disciple making.
Questions and Answers:
- My kids have questions about the Trinity; can you help me explain this doctrine to them?
- Which of the mainstream denominations would you consider to be part of the true church? Are there denominations that are heretical?
- Which view is correct, dispensationalism or covenant theology?
- When looking at a preterist view of eschatology, what can we expect in the future, and where are we in terms of the end times?
- What do you think about the historical evidence regarding the Roman taxation at the time of Jesus’ birth?
- Is Matthew 7:21-23 a picture of the judgment seat of Christ? At the final judgment when Jesus says, “Depart from Me,” could this be temporal rather than eternal?
- Do you have any literature on the idea of God as the uncaused first cause?
- In the Sermon on the Mount, when Jesus speaks of cutting off your hand if it causes you to sin; how does this relate to lust and masturbation?
- Are there any prophets after Christ’s resurrection? If so, what would be their role?