On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank discusses the biblical metaphor of fire. In the Scriptures, fire can be both real and metaphorical. God’s throne is said to be aflame with fire. John tells us that the seven lamps of fire symbolize the seven spirits of God. James tells us that the tongue is a fire and is set on fire by hell. The Bible uses the word fire to describe jealousy as well as unbridled passion. So, when we read the Bible literally, it means we must read it in the sense in which it’s intended.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- My eight-year-old daughter wants to accept Jesus; what do you think about this?
- My church never comments on anything political, either for or against. What is your position on this?
- Do you think extraterrestrials exist?
- What is your view of Ezekiel chapters 40-48?
- What are your thoughts on the different approaches to science taken by Ken Ham, Kent Hovind, Hugh Ross, and Francis Collins?