Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank compares the commonality between C.S. Lewis’ audience in the 1940s and us today. Similar to the threat facing his generation, today we are faced with terrorist attacks that jolt our sensibilities, as well as attacks against our faith from the media and academia. Lewis’ book, Mere Christianity distills the essence of the faith with remarkable relevance to our times. In his desire for another world Lewis famously said, “If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.”
Questions and Answers:
- Is Mark 9:47 to be taken literally?
- Since God knows everything, why does He send angels to find out what was happening in the book of Genesis?
- I have some Christian friends who gamble; what is your take on this?
- Is the Roman Catholic Church the oldest and original church?
- Why will Christians be judged if our sins have already been forgiven?
- What is the meaning of the phrase “sons of God” in Genesis and Job?
- Should I be constantly asking God for forgiveness? What about the sins we forget about or don’t realize are sins?
- In Psalm 146:3, it says not to put your trust in a son of man, yet Jesus refers to Himself as the Son of Man; can you help me understand this?