On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank begins with a Facebook question from Jesse whose faith has been shaken and asks if there is really historical evidence for Jesus. While there is spin that has been produced by second and third-century documents, there is also early, credible evidence from historians such as Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, and Plinius. Tacitus, one of the greatest Roman historians of the first century, provides authentic historical evidence for the crucifixion of Christ at the hands of Pontius Pilate. In fact, we can piece together highlights of the life of Jesus completely apart from the biblical text.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Do the Old Testament dietary laws still apply to us today? Should we remove pork from our diets?
- Is it okay to hate Satan?
- Can you clarify the idea of life and death being in the power of the tongue in Proverbs 18:21?
- What is your take on Marilyn Hickey’s idea of the gospel in the stars?
- Could you speak to the spiritual abuse of the Charismatic and Word of Faith movements?
- Must Christians repeatedly confess their sins to God?