On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank addresses the common concern that comes up every year around this time regarding the validity of celebrating Christmas. It is true that when Christmas was originally instituted, December 25th was a pagan festival commemorating the birthday of a false god: Sol Invictus, the “Unconquered Sun.” The reason early Christians chose December 25th was not to Christianize a pagan holiday but to set up a rival celebration pointing to the preeminence of the Lord Jesus Christ. While the world has all but forgotten the Greco-Roman gods of antiquity, they are annually reminded that two thousand years ago Christ invaded time and space.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Can you explain the mystery Paul talks about; is he talking about the rapture?
- How can I help Muslims understand that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Should we continue to observe the Sabbath as Jesus and the apostles did?
- Is the story of Jesus copied from stories of Egyptian gods?
- In Ezekiel 29, is the destruction of Egypt something that happened in the past or will this happen in the future?