Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank discusses America’s continued downward spiral. As a direct result of the election, a total of eight states have approved the recreational use of marijuana. The number of adults using marijuana has doubled in the last three years despite research showing that it weakens heart muscles and causes detectable alterations in the chemistry of the brain. Marijuana is not as benign as many think. There are also spiritual dangers associated with it, and it is used in the worship and spirituality of many religions around the world. The truth is, when people smoke or eat pot, there is no objective way to control the dosages. While the Bible doesn’t specifically address marijuana, the injunction against intoxication still applies.
Questions and Answers:
- What is your opinion of the PCUSA’s view of gay marriage, and what would you say to those who are long-time members of this denomination?
- How is the use of marijuana different than alcohol or caffeine?
- I’m reading through the Bible and analyzing everything; what is your view on interpreting it literally or figuratively?
- I think the key to using marijuana is moderation.
- In John chapter 5, is the story about the water being stirred at the pool of Bethesda, superstition? How would you define the difference between the soul and spirit?
- In a liberal college atmosphere, what would be your advice for being honest about your faith without offending people?