On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (04/01/22), Hank discusses a book titled The Miracle Myth: Why Belief in the Resurrection and the Supernatural Is Unjustified by Larry Shapiro. In the book, Shapiro paints a portrait of Christ that rules out the supernatural. His pseudo-historical information is garnered from Bart Ehrman and Richard Carrier, a fringe scholar who believes the historical Christ never existed. Shapiro ignores the apostle Paul and the creed found in 1 Corinthians chapter 15, which is early and free from legendary contamination. Here we have a man who wins the “Jesus Game,” but loses the week that changed the world.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- What are your thoughts on Rahab’s lie? The narrative seems to indicate that she wins favor with the Lord.
- When people die, are they really in the presence of the Lord? What happened to Lazarus?
- What are your thoughts on Sozo prayer ministry?
- Can you clarify the issue of lying? Was Jacob right to deceive Isaac into giving him the birthright?
- Will there be time in eternity, or will we always be in the present?