On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank explains the mission of the Christian Research Institute. CRI does what it does because life and truth matter. What is truth? Pontius Pilate stood toe to toe with the personification of truth and yet missed its reality. Postmodern people are in much the same position. They stare at truth but fail to recognize its identity. Os Guinness has said that Christianity is not true because it works, that’s pragmatism; it is not true because it feels right, that’s subjectivism; it is not true because it’s “my truth,” that’s relativism. It is true because it is anchored in the person of Christ. Furthermore, truth does not yield to the size and strength of the latest lobby group. Nor is truth merely a matter of preference or opinion. Rather, truth is true even if everyone denies it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone affirms it
Hank answers the following questions:
- What does the Bible say about eternal security?
- When someone dies do they immediately go to heaven, or are they resurrected at a later time?
- There is a couple in our church that is living in sin, but the elders are going to allow them to become members anyway. What does the Bible say about this?
- Can you clarify Numbers 15:32-34 and the man who was stoned for gathering wood on the Sabbath?
- When I talk about homosexuality with my white friends, they say I’m discriminating just like those who discriminate against black people.
- I think it’s wrong for Christians to call themselves sinners.
- What role should Christians have in politics?
- If we are with Jesus as soon as we die, when does judgment take place?
- Why does the NIV not capitalize the word “he” when referring to Jesus in Genesis 3:15?