On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank highlights an article in the Christian Research Journal titled, “What the Size of the Cosmos Doesn’t Say about Mankind” by Melissa Cain Travis. The current scientific narrative claims that man is utterly insignificant in the universe. Since we’ve discovered that the Earth is not the center of the universe, then mankind must be unimportant as well. What we should note is that this is a secular philosophical argument dressed up in scientific clothes. Consider the self-contradiction of Richard Dawkins who believes that everything is material and therefore, there is no good or evil. Yet he believes that racism is evil, so he is blind to his own paradigm. The reality is that the immensity of the universe speaks of God’s ineffability.
Hank answers the following questions:
- Do you have any advice for someone seeking God’s will?
- How can you live with yourself by falsely telling people that your religion is the correct religion?
- I read that the book of Ecclesiastes has been altered and postdated Solomon; how can we know the historical reliability and inspiration of Ecclesiastes?
- Why aren’t you working to convert Muslims instead of shooting them down?
- Matthew 8:28 mentions two demon possessed men, but the other Gospels say there was one; how do we resolve this?
- If God is in control, why is the world so chaotic?
- Is homosexuality similar to alcoholism? Can one say, “I’m a recovering homosexual”?
- How can I address an atheist who says there’s not enough evidence for God’s existence?