Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank describes the enormous implications of same-sex marriage. The redefinition of marriage is no small thing. At all times and in all cultures, marriage has always been between a man and a woman. Yet contrary to this, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said that those who want to exclude same-sex marriage do so out of hate and animus. What should be obvious to Kennedy, however, is that every redefinition of marriage, including his own, excludes someone. The problem is that if you redefine the meaning of a word, you change the thing itself. And at some point we may find it hard to communicate an idea for which we no longer have a word. Despite the magnitude of this redefinition, the leaders of at least three mainline Protestant denominations have celebrated the Supreme Court’s legalization of same-sex marriage.
Questions and Answers:
- What do you think about passages of Scripture that make belief in the Trinity difficult?
- Can you address the Jehovah’s Witnesses interpretation of Proverbs 8:22 with regard to Jesus?
- Can you comment on Hebrews chapter 2 and the warning against falling away? Is this a warning to Jews?
- Why is it that our Bible doesn’t contain other books such as the Gospel of Thomas?
- Why are your commercials so negative towards gay people? Why don’t Christian ministries focus on adultery or other sins?
- Is a marriage considered legitimate without a state license? What qualifies a couple to be married in the eyes of God?
- What is your interpretation of Luke 20:41-44?
- Which temple is being referenced in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2?