Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank discusses the worldview of the Star Wars universe. For nearly forty years the Star Wars motion picture saga has captivated audiences around the world. Its music, sounds, visual effects, and characters resonate with millions. But technical brilliance and commercial success do not always equate to truth. Although Star Wars may appear to support Christian morality, in reality, it is replete with non-Christian concepts including Gnosticism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and moral relativism. For instance, it posits a yin-yang balance of opposing powers, which it calls the “Force.” Far from being Christian, the Star Wars worldview is, on multiple levels, diametrically opposed to Christianity. The films may be entertaining, but their worldview does not correspond to truth.
Questions and Answers:
- Since God is omniscient, how can He experience emotions like anger?
- I am a truck driver and my time is limited; must I be a member of a church?
- Will those who end up in hell also have resurrected bodies? Does the Bible explain where they will be located?
- I have friends who believe that our laws should reflect religious beliefs, and claim that homosexuality should be punished. What are your thoughts on this?
- Should we celebrate the Sabbath on Saturday or Sunday?
- I read your book, The Apocalypse Code, but are there any verses of Scripture that teach the second coming of Christ could come at any moment? When Jesus returns, will the judgement and resurrection be instant?
- Jesus said he would separate the sheep from the goats, but what happens to unbelievers who do good works yet reject Jesus?