Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares some more thoughts on the film Exodus: Gods and Kings and the review by Brett McCracken in Christianity Today who claims that those who critique the movie are hardhearted, jealous, vengeful, and close-minded. Self-proclaimed atheist Ridley Scott, who directed Exodus, asserts that religion is irrational superstition and the God of the Bible is a moral monster. Hank also mentions an upcoming article on the subject by John McAteer.
Questions and Answers:
- What is your opinion of the book, A History of God by Karen Armstrong?
- Can you explain Judges chapter 11 and Jephthah sacrificing his daughter?
- Is suffering from God or is it just a part of the world we live in? How do we reconcile suffering with the passage that says no weapon formed against us will prosper?
- What are your thoughts on the Gospel of Thomas?
- My brother attends the Church of the Firstborn and says that Jesus is different from the Father. He also reads the King James only.
- What would you share with Stephen Hawking if you had the opportunity?
In the final segment of the broadcast, Hank welcomes Dr. Larry Johnston to talk about atheism, vision casting, and CRI’s bold Going Global initiative.
Download and Listen