Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank once again tackles Kurt Eichenwald’s Newsweek article titled, “The Bible: So Misunderstood It’s a Sin.” In the article, Eichenwald attacks the Bible’s credibility by purporting a contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2. Hank explains these passages and the purpose of the narrative, while admonishing those seeking a chronology of creation to look no further than the book of nature.
Questions and Answers:
- Will unbelievers be given a new body at the resurrection? Does this put an end to the idea of Purgatory?
- I have struggled with depression for years. How should I understand the Bible’s teaching about Saul having a spirit of oppression and modern medical science regarding mental illness?
- Is it acceptable to speak in tongues?
- Can you address the New World Translation? When witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, shouldn’t we deal with the errors of their translation first?
- How do we reconcile Paul and Peter raising people from the dead with the passage that says it’s appointed unto man to die once and after that be judged? When Peter raised Dorcas from the dead, does that mean we can not only pray people out of heaven but out of hell as well?
- I am getting a degree in psychology and feeling some hostility towards my religious beliefs; do you have any advice for me?
- Can you clarify your statements about Phillip Yancey being soft on homosexuality?
- What are your thoughts on liberal Christianity? Isn’t the Bible necessarily conservative?