On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank welcomes Joe Dallas to discuss his article in the CHRISTIAN RESEARCH JOURNAL titled, “Hath God Said? Assessing the Church’s ‘Change of Heart’ about Homosexuality.” Hank and Joe address a growing movement in the church which is accepting of homosexuality. Leaders in this movement like Matthew Vines are calling it a new Reformation. They believe in the authority of the Bible, but claim that Christians have misinterpreted it on the issue of homosexuality. They also assert that this is not just an issue of doctrinal disagreement, it involves love. So according to the movement, if you do not embrace the homosexual lifestyle then you can’t really be said to love them. Yet Joe points out that we must hold in tension a love for others, while calling sin what it is.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Do the teachings of Red Letter Christians like Tony Campolo and Shane Claiborne comport with essential Christian doctrine?
- What is it about our transformation that when we get to heaven, we will not be able to sin?
- Why do you discourage people from discerning the time of Christ’s coming when Jesus talks about discerning the signs of the times in Matthew 16:2-3?
- What makes homosexuality so much worse than gluttony, and why do preachers seem to ignore being overweight?
- With so many different denominations and different views, how can we know the correct interpretation of the Bible?