Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank begins with a Facebook question from Jesse whose faith has been shaken and asks if there is really historical evidence for Jesus. While there is spin that has been produced by second and third century documents, there is also early, credible evidence from historians such as Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, and Plinius. Tacitus, one of the greatest Roman historians of the first century, provides authentic historical evidence for the crucifixion of Christ at the hands of Pontius Pilate. In fact, we can piece together highlights of the life of Jesus completely apart from the biblical text.
Questions and Answers:
- Do the Old Testament dietary laws still apply to us today? Should we remove pork from our diets?
- Is it okay to hate Satan?
- What is your opinion of Eastern Orthodoxy?
- Is it true that discerning the body and blood of Christ encompasses healing? Can you explain what it means to discern the body and blood of the Lord?
- My wife and I are struggling with Pentecostalism. Have you heard of people being raised from the dead?
- Can you clarify the idea of life and death being in the power of the tongue in Proverbs 18:21?
- When Jesus said we will do greater works in John 14:12, was He only talking to the disciples or to all of us?
- Can you address the idea of a flat earth? I can’t find any Scriptures that say the earth is spinning.