On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (04/22/21), we pick up where we ended on our previous broadcast and present more of an episode of the Hank Unplugged podcast. Hank is talking with Tristan Azbej, Hungarian State Secretary for the Aid of Persecuted Christians, and the Hungary Helps Program. Hank and Tristan discuss the difference between peaceful Muslims and violent Islamic ideology, extremist liberalism as a form of totalitarianism growing in the West today, Red Wednesday—an initiative of Aid for the Church in Need to commemorate the blood of Christian martyrs, how Hungary isn’t focused on merely helping persecuted Christians but all that face religious persecution, and the positive impact Christianity has had on the world.
For more information on the work of Tristan Azbej and the Hungary Helps program please click here.
For further resources on persecution we recommend the following:
- The Global War on Christians: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Anti-Christian Persecution Paperback by John L. Allen Jr.-focuses on worldwide persecution
- They Say We Are Infidels: On the Run from ISIS with Persecuted Christians in the Middle East by Mindy Belz-focuses on persecution in the Middle East
- Free to Believe: The Battle Over Religious Liberty in America by Luke Goodrich -focuses on persecution in America
- Demon in Democracy: Totalitarian Temptations in Free Societies by Ryszard Legutko, focuses on persecution in America, Europe and the West
- It’s Dangerous to Believe: Religious Freedom and Its Enemies by Mary Eberstadt focuses on persecution in America