Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on Time Magazine’s person of the year, Angela Merkel, who has been named Chancellor of the Free World. Merkel knows firsthand about a nation losing its workforce. In Germany, the death rate is exceeding the birthrate, and in September Merkel’s government threw open Germany’s doors to an enormous flood of Syrian refugees. Yet in the wake of the Paris terrorist attack, many Germans have reawakened to the danger of immigration sans assimilation. Islam knows full well what politicians seem blithely unaware of, which is, that from the fall of Constantinople, the Ottoman Empire advanced steadily into Europe. And if it were not for Poland’s king, Jan Sobieski who halted the Muslim menace in 1683 at the Battle of Vienna, Europe may have already been Eurabia. In the face of all of this, what should Christians do? Christians must to have discernment skills. We may not be able to stem the tide of immigration without assimilation, but we can be ambassadors for Jesus Christ and turn the tide of history.
Questions and Answers:
- In John chapter 8, is the passage about the woman caught in adultery in the original manuscript? If this is a scribal insertion, doesn’t that mean the Bible is in error?
- What is the significance of the Gnostic gospels and do they have any place in the Bible?
- When did Jesus become aware that He was the Christ, and what happened during the time between His birth and the beginning of His ministry?
- Did Christianity borrow from pagan mystery religions? Why are there so many similarities?
- My twenty-year-old son is having a crisis of faith. He says the Bible doesn’t portray God accurately; could you address this?
- I grew up a Muslim and I agree with your assessment of Islam. How can we communicate the danger of Islam without offending people?