Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on the Lenten season, which is marked by Christians through prayer and fasting. These disciplines train us for our eternal inheritance. As Paul says, “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize” Like a coach, Paul urges his young protégé, Timothy, to train himself in godliness. Paul himself practiced disciplines like fasting because he was emulating Christ so that he might not use his own energy, but be empowered by God’s energy.
Questions and Answers:
- How can I respond to people who claim to be Christians but are pluralistic and think I’m imposing my beliefs on them?
- Is there any evidence that the Tree of Life was a literal tree?
- How can I forgive my ex-wife for cheating on me?
- Will there be death in the new heaven and the new earth?
- How do I answer a friend who believes she should observe the Old Testament feasts and commandments?
- Will people in hell literally burn?
- What should our expectations be regarding the kingdom of God on earth? What is our role on matters of social justice?
- How should we understand Leviticus chapter 25 on slavery?