Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on his devotional book, The Heart of Christmas. Many in our culture believe that Christ is merely the last name of Jesus. The truth, however, is that Christ is a title that means the Anointed One; the long-awaited Messiah who fulfilled all the types and shadows of the Old Testament. To understand the significance of Christ’s role, you must drink deeply from the wellspring of the Old Testament prophecy. Paul, in his letter to the Colossians, taught that the dietary laws, festivals, and the Sabbath of the Old Covenant were shadows of the things to come, which find their ultimate fulfillment in Jesus. He is the antitype of the Hebrew prophets and is shown to be greater than all the prophets through His miraculous ministry, His claims to be God, and the vindication of those claims through His resurrection.
Questions and Answers:
- Have you ever read Ecclesiastes chapter 6? I’ve noticed that many believers are not satisfied with what they have and end up being covetous.
- Why would God be interested in resurrecting us when we’re going to have glorified bodies anyway?
- My husband returned to the Roman Catholic Church and wants me and the children to convert. What would your advice be?
- I heard you speak about the Imago Dei; where can I find this in the Bible? Can you explain being led by the Spirit in Galatians chapter 5?
- How can you endorse being a part of Roman Catholic worship when they don’t believe in salvation by faith alone? Isn’t this a non-negotiable?
- Since Lazarus was a believer in Jesus, would he not have gone to heaven when he died? Was he upset that he had to leave heaven when Jesus raised him from the dead?