Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank addresses the question of whether or not the Bible makes a distinction between Israel and the church. A beautiful explanation of this is found in Romans chapter 11 where Paul illustrates a cultivated olive tree consisting of natural branches and branches that have been grafted in. Paul also makes clear that not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel. It is not the natural children of Abraham, but the children of the promise who are counted as offspring. In both the Old and New Testament, God has only ever had one covenant community, beautifully connected by the cross.
Questions and Answers:
- Can you clarify the difference between the abrogation of Scripture in both Christianity and Islam?
- Is 1 Timothy 3:15 universal or circumstantial, and how does it relate to women teaching in the church?
- I have a friend who is a Wiccan and says she summons demons; how can I witness to her?
- What was so wrong with what Saul did in 1 Samuel 13:8-23?
- Can you address infant baptism vs believer’s baptism and why Christians baptize differently?
- I attend a Methodist church that has appointed a homosexual bishop and use slavery as their argument. How can I address this with them?
- What verses led you to the idea that Cain’s sacrifice was not accepted because of the disposition of his heart?
- As far as biblical prophecy is concerned, what difference does it make whether we vote for Hillary or Trump? The book of Revelation doesn’t mention the church or America.