On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast, Hank is joined again by Dr. Frank Turek for the final discussion of his book Stealing from God. Hank and Dr. Turek talk about how the atheistic worldview is not just penetrating secular minds, but is assaulting Christian minds as well. And while atheists claim that faith is believing without evidence, John chapter 20 communicates that the events of Jesus’ life and ministry were written so that we could believe in Him and have life in His name. There’s a difference between believing that something is true and trusting in Christ for salvation. Atheists like Lawrence Krauss affirm the law of causality when it helps their case, but with regard to creation, they shy away from it. Yet we know that every effect must have a cause equal to or greater than itself. So without the law of causality, it is impossible to do science.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- As you know, the Seventh Day Adventists teach that the Sabbath is a creation ordinance, but what do you think the purpose was for sanctifying the seventh day, and what implications does it have for us today?
- Do you think God could have created the earth with the appearance of age?
- During this time of the year with Halloween coming up, I’m wondering if my children should even attend school.
- Can you clarify your view on the Sabbath and Genesis chapter 2? Since marriage is supposed to be forever, why wouldn’t the Sabbath be forever as well?
- I have heard people say the sons of God in Genesis 6 are angels, but where do they get this from?