Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank shares his thoughts on the abomination of desolation by focusing on the “A” in the acronym STARS in his book, Prophetic STARS in the Constellation of Biblical Prophecy. Unfortunately, many passages that highlight the accuracy and divine inspiration of Scripture have been grotesquely twisted by Professor Bart Ehrman who calls Jesus a false apocalyptic prophet because He prophesied the end of the world within a generation, but it didn’t happen. Yet Jesus uses the language of sun, moon, and stars to predict His coming in judgment, not His second coming. Those familiar with the Bible will remember this common judgment metaphor in the words of Isaiah who uses this same language to prophesy the destruction of Babylon. Far from being undressed as a false prophet, Jesus rightly predicted His coming judgment on Jerusalem and the end of the Jewish age, not the end of the world.
Questions and Answers:
- I feel God calling me into apologetics; do you have any advice on how I should get into this?
- I was born a hermaphrodite; how can I determine my sexual identity?
- If you feel the Lord is leading you in a certain direction, how can you be sure it’s Him?
- Does Acts 9:7 contradict Acts 22:9? Who heard the voice of Christ? Have the gifts of the Spirit ceased according to 1 Corinthians 13:9-10?
- Has God restored the office of apostle? I hear people claiming to be apostles today.
- How does one know whether or not a prophecy has a near future fulfillment or a far future fulfillment? Are there some prophecies that have double fulfillment?
- Why do many churches talk about using human resources to help us overcome difficulties instead of going to the Holy Spirit?