Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank discusses the aim of new atheists to present theism as a backward superstition held by rednecks and suicide bombers. One of the ways theism has been caricatured is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which became an internet phenomenon and is an attempt by atheists to undermine the validity of theism; proposing that believing in God is analogous to believing in a flying spaghetti monster.
Questions and Answers:
- I heard you talking previously about Jesus not knowing the time of His return. I believe it’s because Jesus is not God, but the only begotten son of God.
- What is the timeframe of the Olivet Discourse and Jesus’ mention of not drinking from the fruit of the vine until His return? What about the reference to one being taken and the other left?
- Do you believe there will be a great tribulation in the future? What is the Millennial reign for; how do you view it?
- As an evangelist, what are some of the unethical issues I should avoid in recruiting volunteers if I were to start a church?
- Will we be held accountable on the day of judgment for sins we have repented of? What about someone who deliberately sins knowing it is wrong, but then asks for forgiveness afterward?
- Why wasn’t the sacrifice of Christ passed down to all men just like the sin nature was passed down to all men?
- Did you and Walter Martin have any disagreements on doctrine?