Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank highlights the transcendent importance of typological prophecy as he explicates the “T” in the acronym STARS from his latest book, Prophetic STARS in the Constellation of Biblical Prophecy. While predictive prophecy is straightforward, typological prophecy is more complex. The familiar virgin birth prophecy of Isaiah chapter 7 was fulfilled in the birth of Maher-shalal-hash-baz in chapter 8, yet Matthew saw this temporary salvation of Judah as a type of the eternal salvation God’s people would experience through Jesus the Messiah. Thus, understanding prophetic typology enhances the meaning and majesty of Scripture.
Questions and Answers:
- I have some relatives who attend a Roman Catholic Church where they all use a common wine chalice for Communion. If they don’t actually sip the wine, but only pretend to; are they really partaking of Communion?
- Could you explain the difference between the Protestant view of the Lord’s Supper and the Roman Catholic view? Where did the Catholic Church get the idea that the priest has the power to create a miracle every time they celebrate the Eucharist at Mass?
- It seems that John MacArthur’s Study Bible has some of the same views as Tim LaHaye, John Walvoord, and Hal Lindsey; is this correct? How does the Holy Spirit factor into this when you have highly educated theologians who don’t agree? Could I give someone this study Bible and just point out the problems?
- In the King James Bible it refers to unicorns in Job 39 and in the Psalms, and I was wondering about the symbolism of this
- Can you expound on Matthew 11:12, where Jesus said the kingdom of heaven suffers violence?
- What is the difference between the Roman Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible? As a Protestant, am I missing out because I haven’t read these extra books?
- Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with Him in Paradise, yet he told Mary not to touch Him because he had not yet ascended. Could you explain this to me?
- In Acts chapter 8, after Philip baptized the Ethiopian eunuch; what does it mean that he was “taken away suddenly”?
- What can you tell me about F. LaGard Smith and The Narrated Bible in Chronological Order?