Today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast includes the following topics:
- Hank addresses an email from a woman who attends John Hagee’s church and believes his preaching to be trustworthy; however, if you examine what he says in light of Scripture, the opposite is true on many points. Although the gig is up for Hagee’s prophecies since the four blood moons have ended without consequence, this is not the only error he makes. Despite the clear words of John 1:11, Hagee claims that the Jews wanted Jesus to be their Messiah, but Jesus absolutely refused. He also castigates those who don’t agree with his end-times interpretation, calling them replacement theologians who are carrying Hitler’s anointing and his message. Further, he teaches the prosperity gospel; asserting that Jesus lived in a large house and wore designer clothes. Christians must therefore, use discernment no matter who is preaching, and as James 3:1 warns: teachers will be judged more strictly.
Questions and Answers:
- I fear many have been divorced and remarried in an unbiblical fashion. What is your perspective on remarriage? Would you hold a minister who has been divorced to a higher standard?
- When was the book of Revelation written? What evidence is there that John was exiled to Patmos before 70 AD?
- Can you explain what it means to work out our salvation with fear and trembling according Philippians 2:12? Ephesians 2:8 says we have been saved by grace; can you help me reconcile these two texts?
- Can we tithe to para-church organizations or should we only tithe to our home church?