On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (02/24/23), Hank describes an actual church called the United Church of Bacon, which was started at the home of Penn Jillette in 2010 by his friends, the Twelve Apostates. The reason for the name—aside from satire—is because bacon is real and can be proven to exist in a court of law. Hank uses this to show how the Christian faith is not blind, but rather faith in evidence.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Was God in control of the events surrounding the crucifixion?
- Is it acceptable for a pastor to be a comedian on the basis of 1 Corinthians 8:13?
- My brother is part of a religion that says if you use any other name in prayer besides Yahweh or Yeshua, you might as well be praying to a rock. Do you know anything about this?
- Can you explain Trinitarian theology as taught by Karl Barth and Thomas and James Torrance?
- What is your opinion on the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young?