On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (04/04/22), Hank laments the fact that so many today have lost the ability to think biblically. Having lost this ability, post-truth moderns are being quickly transformed from change agents to cultural conformists. One example is that many Christian leaders are telling their devotees not to keep confessing their sins. Yet in the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus instructs us to confess our sins. In Psalm 51, David asks God to cleanse him from sin, and James tells us to confess our sins to one another and to God. And we know that “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Hank also answers the following questions:
- I know the Old Testament prohibits eating pork; does the New Testament say anything about this?
- How can I forgive and honor my parents when they were abusive?
- Acts chapter 15 says we should abstain from eating blood; would that include blood pudding or blood sausage?
- How much can one preach the gospel correctly and yet be incorrect on the necessity of confessing their sins?
- Why does the church have such a hard time ministering to the intellectually handicapped?