On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (12/01/21), Hank addresses the common concern that comes up every year around this time regarding the validity of celebrating Christmas. It is true that when Christmas was originally instituted, December 25th was a pagan festival commemorating the birthday of a false god: Sol Invictus, the “Unconquered Sun.” The reason early Christians chose December 25th was not to Christianize a pagan holiday but to set up a rival celebration pointing to the preeminence of the Lord Jesus Christ. While the world has all but forgotten the Greco-Roman gods of antiquity, they are annually reminded that two thousand years ago Christ invaded time and space.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Can you explain the mystery Paul talks about; is he talking about the rapture?
- How can I help Muslims understand that Jesus is the Son of God?
- What is your opinion on the age of the earth?
- Can a Christian be demon-possessed?
- Do you know anything about Pastor Greg Price? He believes Christians shouldn’t celebrate holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.