On today’s Bible Answer Man broadcast (11/29/19), Hank shares his thoughts on Baha’i. Just as John the Baptist paved the way for Jesus, so too, a Persian prophet known as the Báb prepared the way for Bahá’u’lláh, the founder of Baha’i. Baha’i teaches that every few hundred years a new messenger is revealed as a manifestation of God, such as Moses, Buddha, Confucius, Christ, and Muhammad. But the problem is that the teachings of these messengers greatly vary and often contradict one another. They can all be wrong, but they can’t all be right. Baha’i also denies the Trinity, virgin birth, incarnation, resurrection, and the second coming of Christ.
Hank also answers the following questions:
- Is it true that Jesus’ disciples didn’t have the power to heal until after His ascension?
- Is it wrong for women to work outside of the home?
- Why is Jesus called the Son of God when He is God?
- My teenage children went to a youth group meeting and experienced a very strange “exorcism.” What is your perspective on this?
- It seems like early Christianity held to the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, but most Protestant churches today do not. What are your thoughts on this?