The Christian worldview proposes answers to the most enduring human questions. But are those answers reliable?
In this systematic text, Douglas Groothuis makes a comprehensive apologetic case for Christian theism–proceeding from a defense of objective truth to a presentation of the key arguments for God from natural theology to a case for the credibility of Jesus, the incarnation and the resurrection. Throughout, Groothuis considers alternative views and how they fare intellectually.
- Makes a cumulative case for the Christian faith, allowing several lines of argumentation and evidence to converge
- Includes chapters by New and Old Testament scholars Craig Blomberg and Richard Hess on the reliability of the Bible
- Considers key arguments for the existence of God
- Provides a thorough summary of the origins debate and the evidence for Intelligent Design
- Extensive treatment provided on the claims of Jesus
- Takes up some of the most significant current challenges to the Christian faith Endorsements “Christian Apologetics is a full-scale defense of the Christian faith that is accessible, relevant and wise. This book not only reflects the work of a seasoned apologist; it is written with passion and conviction. I heartily recommend it!”
—Paul Copan, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Christian Apologetics is an outstanding book that I wholeheartedly endorse. It is one of the most thorough, insightful and well-written apologetics books I have read in a long time. Groothuis has the rare ability to write in a way that is understandable to the nonspecialist and yet rigorous enough to challenge the apologetic connoisseur. I wish every Christian would read this book carefully and then pass it on to a skeptic for discussion, interaction and dialogue.”
—Sean McDowell, author of Apologetics for a New Generation