The gender revolution is in full swing, and while many celebrate it enthusiastically, others are wrestling to know if the trend is harmful or helpful. The Bible says people are created male and female, and these two different genders reflect the image of God. Also, Scripture is clear that sin has impacted every detail of creation, including our personal experiences of gender. The distress and confusion that arise from sin in our lives is real and needs true, lasting relief. Today, many advocate for gender bending and a radical new redefining of gender itself, even to the point of erasing it altogether. Many who wrestle with the sense that their gender does not match their biological sex have embraced this. The Bible offers a radically different approach in how to understand ourselves and how to find peace regarding personal gender identity. Gender struggles can’t truly be alleviated or resolved by individuals striving to sculpt a new identity for themselves based on personal preferences. The only lasting solution is to reconnect with the Creator and His design for our lives.
This Postmodern Realities episode is a conversation with Journal author Ellen Mary Dykas about her article, “The Unending Bending of Gender: Helpful or Harmful?”
We’d also like to invite you to subscribe to the Journal. To subscribe to the Journal, please click here.
When you to subscribe to the Journal, you join the team of print subscribers whose paid subscriptions help provide the resources at equip.org that minister to people worldwide. These resources include our free online-exclusive articles, such as this review, as well as our free Postmodern Realities podcast.
Another way you can support keeping our resources free is by leaving us a tip. A tip is just a small amount, like $3 or $5, which is the cost for some of a latte, lunch out, or coffee drink. To leave a tip, click here.
To partner with us and help us to continue to create free online exclusive content, we are offering a special promotion
Other articles and Postmodern Realities podcasts featuring this author:
- Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Examining Old Approaches and Assessing New Ones Part One: A History of Missions and Missteps
- Part Two of a two-part series: Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Examining Old Approaches and Assessing New Ones Part Two: Identity, Terminology, and the Revoice Conference“.
- Episode 103 Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Part Two
- Episode 065: Love, Simon Film Review “When Hearts Are Young and Gay” with Joe Dallas
- “When Hearts are Young and Gay”.A Review of Love, Simon.
- Episode 126 What’s the Problem with Conversion Therapy?
- What’s the Problem with Conversion Therapy?
- Episode 043: Understanding Our Response to LGBT Culture
- Understanding Our Response To LGBT Culture
- Wrestling With The “Gay Christian” Label
- The (Casual) Sexual Revolution (Book Review of: American Hookup: The New Culture of Sex on Campus)
- Boy Erased Movie Review
- When Vague Is in Vogue: A New but Not Improved Approach to Homosexuality Is Growing among Evangelicals
- The Bully Pulpit: When Gay Teens Commit Suicide, Are Preachers to Blame?
- Is “Gay Christian” an Acceptable Identity?
- Of Bathroom Bills and Basic Beliefs
- The Transsexual Dilemma
- Hath God Said? Assessing the Church’s “Change of Heart” about Homosexuality
- When Someone You Love Says, “I’m Gay”