We constantly hear the mantra that love is love, but what exactly is love? Today, many think “love” means to affirm the beliefs, desires, and even behaviors of a given person. According to this view, one must validate and positively state that same-sex attraction, or one’s desire to become the opposite sex, are good in order truly to love someone with such desires. Therefore, those who do not positively state that such desires are good are accused of “hate speech,” “intolerance,” being “unloving,” or worse.
We’d also like to invite you to subscribe to the Journal. To subscribe to the Journal, please click here.
When you to subscribe to the Journal, you join the team of print subscribers whose paid subscriptions help provide the resources at equip.org that minister to people worldwide. These resources include our free online-exclusive articles, such as this review, as well as our free Postmodern Realities podcast.
Another way you can support keeping our resources free is by leaving us a tip. A tip is just a small amount, like $3 or $5, which is the cost for some of a latte, lunch out, or coffee drink. To leave a tip, click here.
Other articles and Postmodern Realities podcasts featuring this author:
- Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Examining Old Approaches and Assessing New Ones Part One: A History of Missions and Missteps
- Part Two of a two-part series: Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Examining Old Approaches and Assessing New Ones Part Two: Identity, Terminology, and the Revoice Conference“.
- Episode 103 Homosexuality and Modern Ministry: Part Two
- Episode 126 What’s the Problem with Conversion Therapy?
- Episode 043: Understanding Our Response to LGBT Culture
- Understanding Our Response To LGBT Culture
- Episode 028: “The Unending Bending of Gender: Helpful or Harmful?”
- The Unending Bending of Gender: Helpful or Harmful?
- What’s the Problem with Conversion Therapy?
- Episode 065: Love, Simon Film Review “When Hearts Are Young and Gay” with Joe Dallas
- A Review of Love, Simon, “When Hearts are Young and Gay”.
- Wrestling With The “Gay Christian” Label
- The (Casual) Sexual Revolution (Book Review of: American Hookup: The New Culture of Sex on Campus)
- Boy Erased Movie Review
- When Vague Is in Vogue: A New but Not Improved Approach to Homosexuality Is Growing among Evangelicals
- The Bully Pulpit: When Gay Teens Commit Suicide, Are Preachers to Blame?
- Is “Gay Christian” an Acceptable Identity?
- Of Bathroom Bills and Basic Beliefs
- The Transsexual Dilemma
- Hath God Said? Assessing the Church’s “Change of Heart” about Homosexuality
- When Someone You Love Says, “I’m Gay”